Official Visit to Japan by Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Second Minister for Law Edwin Tong SC
04 Jul 2023 Posted in Press releases
- Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Second Minister for Law Edwin Tong SC will be making an official visit to Tokyo, Japan, from 5 to 7 July 2023.
- Minister Edwin will attend the ASEAN-Japan Special Meeting of Justice Ministers (AJSMJ), hosted by Japan’s Ministry of Justice, in commemoration of the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation.
- He will also attend the ASEAN-G7 Justice Ministers Interface. Organised under Japan’s G7 Presidency, the ASEAN-G7 Interface brings together Justice Ministers and Attorneys General from ASEAN and G7 member states, to foster cooperation in the field of law and justice between ASEAN and G7.
- During the ASJMJ, Minister Edwin will grace a side event titled, “Appropriate Dispute Resolution – Sharing of the Singapore Experience and the Japan Perspective”, organised by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), the Singapore International Mediation Centre (SIMC) and the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC).
- Separately, at the SIAC Tokyo Conference 2023, Minister Edwin will participate in a fireside chat that will be moderated by Hiroyuki Tezuka from the SIAC Court of Arbitration, to discuss the policy initiatives needed to facilitate effective international dispute resolution.
- Minister Edwin will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Law.
MINISTRY OF LAW
04 JULY 2023
Last updated on 4 Jul 2023