Official Visit to India by Senior Parliamentary Secretary of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Law Mdm Rahayu Mahzam
18 September 2023 Posted in Press releases
1. Mdm Rahayu Mahzam, Senior Parliamentary Secretary (SPS) of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Law, made an official visit to India from 15 to 16 September 2023.
2. SPS Rahayu attended the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) Mumbai Conference on 15 September and the SIAC Annual India Conference on 16 September. Both conferences were organised by the SIAC.
3. During the SIAC Mumbai Conference, SPS Rahayu delivered an opening address, where she spoke about the potential for collaborations between Singapore and Mumbai to better serve the dispute resolution needs of businesses, as well as how Singapore takes an open and collaborative approach to working with like-minded partners. She also shared why Singapore presents a good forum for Indian parties to resolve their disputes. A transcript of SPS Rahayu’s speech at the SIAC Mumbai Conference is available at the following link: https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/news/speeches/sps-siac-mumbai-conference/.
4. SPS Rahayu also delivered the opening address at the SIAC Annual India Conference. She spoke about challenges that Singapore faces in international arbitration, and how the Government views and approaches them. A transcript of SPS Rahayu’s speech at the SIAC Annual India Conference is available at the following link: https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/news/speeches/sps-siac-annual-india-conference/.
5. SPS Rahayu was accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Law.
MINISTRY OF LAW
18 September 2023
Last updated on 18 September 2023